Fun fact about me – I’ve been to Vegas not 1, not 2, not 3….but 5 times. If you follow my blog, you know I started to work with Expedia at the beginning of the year (our first collab was for a fun little New York jaunt that you can read about here). So when they reached out to me this time for the launch of their Vegas You campaign, I knew that we could do something super cool with it! I had been to Las Vegas with my family 4 times (underage), and went last year with a huge group for a friend’s birthday, so I haven’t really had an updated experience soaking up everything (besides partying) Vegas has to offer in a while. Enter Christian & Jay, two of my best blogger buds. I knew us 3 would do Vegas right, so we got right to it…
The tailored booking process was super unique – almost like a personalized recommendation from a Vegas expert! It narrows down your hotel choices to what you want using the new, “Discover The Vegas You” feature – whether it’s fine dining, great pools, shopping, etc. After researching and zeroing in on the “hotels for shopaholics & hotels with the hottest nightclubs”, Jay, Christian and I decided that we’d go with the SLS, and booked our flight+hotel through Expedia.ca/Vegas. Perfect for our vibe, with its South Beach-meets-L.A. attitude.
As for our itinerary – as per Expedia’s reco’s, we’ve planned a nighttime helicopter ride, visits to Lavo/Marquee/Beauty & Essex, and The Forum Shops + The Shops at Crystals (collectively home to Saint Laurent, Balenciaga and Marc by Marc Jacobs) so far. I also promised myself a trip to the Neon Boneyard because it literally looks like the coolest place in the world. I can’t wait to show you guys all our snaps from the trip, so make sure you follow along via Instagram (#VegasYou), Twitter, and snap ‘vanessacesario’. And as promised, here are 10 things I won’t board a plane without:
1. A camera (or two) – with me at all times. I usually do my DSLR + a polaroid
3. Spray toner – This is great to clean your face off before/after a flight. I just don’t trust washing my face with airplane water. L’Occitane has cute mini’s of this and a bunch of other super useful stuff too
4. A face mask – I’ll put one of these on and take a snooze. It protects your face from the gross, dry recirculated air in the plane. I like pretty much any of the ones from The Face Shop.
5. Hydrating face mist – Vital in my opinion. Amazingly refreshing and great for adding much-needed moisture. This one from Beauty Counter has actual rose essence infused in it.
6. Lip balm – my all-time fav is Rebel’s Refinery
7. Portable charger
8. Hand cream
9. Snacks – plane food makes me sick, so I like to keep some type of low sugar, high-protein energy bar for when I inevitably get hungry. Genuine Health makes ones that are delicious, vegan and gluten-free. Individual matcha packs are great for energy too and can mix into hot or cold water.
10. A notebook – I like having one with me to jot down thoughts/ideas/places people tell me to eat at/whatever.